Cover Letter

To Whom It May Concern, 

I have always been drawn to the field of social work and hope to find a position working with children and families who are struggling with mental health challenges. I am familiar with the challenges that families face and recognize that there are unfortunately many gaps in appropriate services. I believe that my skills, experience, and devotion would make me a great fit for the field.

I bring intuition, empathy, reliability, creativity, and determination to the therapeutic relationship, which allow me to work effectively with clients. In my experience with community-based work, these qualities have been essential in supporting clients toward their own growth and development. Similar to most mental health providers, my goal is to empower individuals facing mental illness and help them to lead healthier, more fulfilling lives.

As a mental health counselor intern, I have received training that has helped me develop essential skills such as cultural competence, communication, empathy, and active listening. I have continually strengthened my skills by pushing myself out of my comfort zone and finding challenges that give me the opportunity to learn and grow. I am a team player who is searching for opportunities to share valuable perspectives, collaborate on treatment teams, and continue learning.

My background and qualifications are best reviewed through my e-portfolio, which is connected to this website. I am eager to speak with you further about potential opportunities and greatly appreciate your time and consideration.

Kind regards, 

NaRayel Daniels