Career Plan and Closing Thoughts

Having graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, I am now eager to embark on a fulfilling career in the field. Throughout my academic journey, I developed a robust understanding of social work principles, policies, and ethical practices, which was further complemented by practical experiences during internships.

My coursework equipped me with a versatile skill set, including client assessment, case management, and community engagement. These experiences not only honed my technical abilities but also deepened my commitment to fostering connections with individuals from diverse backgrounds. My approach to social work remains grounded in empathy, cultural humility, and a dedication to empowering others to overcome challenges.

I am drawn to the dynamic nature of social work, finding strength in adaptability and collaborative problem-solving. Interning with organizations such as Petersburg Social Services and Poplar Springs Hospital allowed me to apply classroom learning to real-world situations, contributing to the well-being of the communities served. I am excited about the opportunity to contribute my skills and passion to a cause that aligns with my values. The prospect of making a positive impact in the lives of those in need continues to motivate me greatly. I currently plan to enroll in a Master of Social Work program where I can continue my educational journey and eventually work towards earning licensure to become a LCSW.