New “My Account” features

Have you ever been browsing books or movies in the library’s catalog and wanted to make a note to checkout an item later? Now you can! The new “My Lists” feature lets you create personal lists in your library account. From your search results in the catalog, select the check box to the left of your desired item or items and then click the “Save to My Lists” button at the top of the results list. You will be prompted to login to your account and then to select a list in which to save your records. You can add the item to an existing list or create a new list.

You can also track your reading history with another new “My Account” feature. While logged in to your account, click the “Reading History” button. You will need to click the “Start Saving History” button for the system to begin recording the items you checkout. Then simply check back occasionally to see what you’ve read.

Let us know what you think!

Tagged

2 thoughts on “New “My Account” features

1. Susan Howe says:

It seems only Longwood students can search your online catalog. This is disappointing as I live in the Farmville area and work at a neighboring county library. We sometimes refer patrons to your library or request Interlibrary loans. As a state funded school the public should be able to use your library. [ I also graduated from Longwood–what about alumni?] Perhaps I just missed the “visitor” login. Hope you will look into this. Thank you.

• howepa says:

Thank you for your post. Our online catalog is available for anyone to search. If you go to the library’s website: http://www.longwood.edu/library/, in the center column under the tab “Catalog,” you can type in a search by keyword, author, title, or subject, or on the left column of our website you can click on the tab “Find books and more” then “Library catalog:” http://readpac.longwood.edu/search/X. The posting you’ve responded to is for an individual’s account which does require a library account number and password since this information is confidential. This feature is available to anyone who has a Greenwood Library card. We will soon be changing the “look” of our online catalog, but the public will still be able to see what is in our collection. There are some items, such as e-books, which are restricted to Longwood users due to licensing agreements. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate contacting me via email at howepa@longwood.edu.