New University Librarian

Hi,

I would like to introduce myself to the Longwood University community. I’m Wendell Barbour, your University Librarian. I recently joined the staff on August 10.

I previously worked in the California State University System at the Bakersfield Campus. I served as Vice President for Information Resources and Chief Information Officer. I had responsibility for all information resources activities, including the library, academic and administrative computing, telecommunications and campus web services. Before going to California, I served as Dean of Academic Support at Christopher Newport University (CNU) in Newport News, VA from 1983-1996. I had many responsibilities during my tenure at CNU, including the library, computing, registrar, admissions, financial aid, international studies, online degree program, liaison to the Virginia General Assembly, and co-chaired CNU’s Southern Association of Colleges and Schools decennial self-study.

I look forward to serving all of you as University Librarian, meeting your information needs, and continuing the long tradition of excellent service to the university community.

Future news items on the What’s New page of the Greenwood Library web site will include the Information Center and the recarpeting of the library.

Please stop by my office and introduce yourself to me, and do not hesitate to contact me if you have a concern, request, etc.

Wendell Barbour
University Librarian