TRAVEL EXPERIENCE

FALL PLAYDAY AT LIBERTY UNIVERSITY

My very first playday as a D1 lacrosse player was at Liberty University. Our bus left at 6:15 am. We took a “quick” stop at Starbucks on the way. I can only imagine how overwhelmed the Starbucks workers felt when they saw 37 people walk in all ready to order their very own specific drinks. After everyone had gotten their drinks and food we jumped right back on the bus. In just a short 10 minutes we had arrived at Liberty University. I have never been to Liberty’s campus before and was amazed by the very pretty view of  mountains everywhere. We had a quick little pre-game dance party on the bus before we walked off ready to win. We went straight to our game field, put our cleats and gear on, and began stretching and warming up. Our team was playing a total of four games that day. Although, we were split into two teams within ourselves so each team was only playing two games. Our first two games were at different times meaning we were able to have everyone together on the sideline. My team played first and so the other team was in charge of sideline celebrations for when we scored. I scored our team’s first goal of the game! We tied our first game. The other team played immediately after us so we were now in charge of the sideline celebrations. They ended up winning their game. Now we had about a two hour break before our next games. The parents who were there had set up a “tailgate” for us. The tailgate consisted of  tents set up with tables of food and coolers of drinks underneath. There were cups of fruit, bagels, muffins, chips, donuts, and a handful of other snacks. The coolers had SunnyD, chocolate milk, and water. This is where we hung out in between our games. This gave us a place to cool off in the shade and re-fuel our bodies. Now, we were ready to go play our last two games. This time the games were at the same time so each team did not have people on the sideline. Overall we went 2-1-1 for the day. As soon as our post-game talk was over I went straight to the bathroom to freshen up and change into the team bus outfit. Then I headed back over to our tailgate tent to grab some last minute snacks before the parents cleaned everything up. I grabbed some snacks to save for later because we were going straight to Chipotle before we headed back to Longwood. Eating Chipotle made me feel so happy because back home I ate Chipotle at least once a week and here at Longwood there is not one close by so it has been a long time since I have eaten it. Finally we made it back to Longwood around 5:00. Overall I had a lot of fun and cannot wait for the many more playdays to come in the future!