Posted by Jantoria Winston

Personal Profile

Hello Colleagues, 

I am honored to share a bit of my personal life and passions with you all. As mentioned in other relevant communication throughout this e-portfolio I aspire to work with children and adolescents who are affected by trauma. On this page, I would like to further share my passion for becoming a college professor. My passion began throughout my time at Longwood as I began to present presentations based on research and theoretical frameworks in my social work course. I have always been an outspoken person, so presenting in front of large crowds did not cause nerves or anxiety to rise. The first time I presented to a large body of people was when I held a Public presentation on Human and Sex Trafficking at Longwood University. The picture below shows me doing just that. I found so much joy in teaching others about issues related to social injustice that it has become the ammunition or fuel to getting out in social work and doing research on social issues to bring into the classroom to educate and raise awareness on the issue and show the importance of advocation and using one’s privilege as a voice for the underprivileged and oppressed.