Evolving Teacher Research Question

Research Question: How can including choice and informing students of tasks impact learning?

My research question focus has not changed greatly during my research, however,  the wording has changed numerous times. My research has focused giving students choice and informing students of what they will be doing. Originally, I wanted to investigate how choice and positivity can impact student learning. Quickly I realized that this topic would have to be narrowed down in order to find resources around this topic. It was at this point I changed my question to incorporate more Morning Meeting components into my question with specific language due to our Behavior Management course. Positivity became informing students of what they would be doing throughout the day. These changes and the current wording of the question allowed me to better be able to find and investigate in the classroom both choice and informing students. While I have struggled in finding research about informing students of the daily plan, I have seen benefits of doing this in my research in the classroom. Much of what we learn in our program focuses on giving clear expectations to students which further supports my own findings. This research has been inspired by my previous classroom experiences and my time spent in my Behavior Management course.