BOOK REVIEW

Grace and Glory by Jennifer L. Armentrout

As I mentioned in the beginning post entitled “ABOUT ME,” Jennifer L. Armentrout is my favorite author. She writes amazing stories in all subgenres of fiction and romance. The first series I ever read by her was the Lux Series. It involved aliens and alien-like creatures, but it was not the stereotypical book about aliens. In fact, they looked like humans.

Enough about that series though because I just finished the last book in the Harbinger Series. This series was a spinoff of the Dark Elements Series, but it focused more on two other characters: Trinity and Zayne. Zayne was one of the main characters in the first series, but Trinity was completely new for this series. Throughout the first two books, we learn about Trinity’s past and discover the love connection between her and Zayne. We learn about her father being the archangel Micheal, and we still see the same characters from the first series. They overcome a lot of obstacles except defeating the Harbinger.

This last book was a rollercoaster of emotions. I do not want to give any spoilers for those interested in the series, but the second book ended on a very emotional scene that picked up at the beginning of the last book. Trinity is battling a traumatic and heartbreaking experience involving Zayne. After a few days, she realizes that her beloved can still be saved, but she needed help. The first half of the book was a struggle for me to read because I like romance, and it was not there for a bit.

The second half of the book is where it picked back up. Everything is back to normal; except, they still have not defeated the Harbinger. Trinity and her friends recruit an unusual pick for saving the world, but was it enough? You will just have to read to find out. Armentrout does an amazing job with bringing her characters to life. Her character, Roth, is my favorite of all the book boyfriends that exist. He was the love interest in the first series. She has a way with words that make the reader want more. I can never seem to but one of her books down. This particular book took me a while to finish because of my transition to college life, but it was an incredible read nonetheless. This book was full of plot twists I never would have predicted, and they went all the way to the last chapter. She never fails at making me laugh. She always has that one snarky character that will make the reader laugh until they cry. This is one of the many reasons that I love her books. In this particular series, there were two characters like this: a demon named Cayman and a ghost named Peanut.

To finish off this book review, I will be suggesting many books written by Jennifer L. Armentrout. A few of the series I would highly recommend are among the following: The Lux Series, The Origin Series, The Covenant Series, The Dark Elements Series, and The Harbinger Series. She writes individual books too including The Problem with Forever and If There’s No Tomorrow. I love all of these books and highly recommend them to anyone who likes to escape our world. The standalone books I have mentioned are more realistic than the series, but I love them all. I hope everyone will read any of these books and come to love them as much as I do.