Deandra Nicole

Music and Education

Coursework

When I transferred to Longwood, I was a music major with a concentration in Choral Studies. During my first year I took the prerequisite classes to get into the education program, but decided to drop down to the minor and change my major to Liberal Studies. I chose to keep my music minor, because it is what I eventually want to teach. I’ve been actively involved in music since I was 5 years old, and apart of choir since I was 10 years old. The classes I enrolled in to complete my minor enhanced my reading and writing skills in music. I took voice lessons for a year in which I learned how to take care of the voice, and correctly use my instrument. I developed ear training skills, which helped me to hear pitches correctly in solo and group performances. I learned to conduct, and sing in German, French and Italian through some of the courses listed below. I added Human Growth and Development, because it explained the growth of infants to adolescents and between K-12 are the grade levels I wish to teach.

Expert Identity Courses:

• Music Theory 1 and 2
  • Sightsinging 1 and 2
  • Voice Lessons
  • Choir
  • Diction 1 and 2
  • Intro to Music Education
  • Performance Observation
  • Education 245- Human Growth and Development
posted by Deandra Jones in Uncategorized and having Comments Off on Coursework

No comments

The comments are closed.