Restaurant Review

November 25, 2023 | Leave a Comment

The Little Nickel, a hidden gem located in Richmond, Virginia was an unforgettable experience. This diner is rated 4.6 stars but truly is a 5-star restaurant. I was suggested to try this diner and I am glad I decided to give the restaurant a shot. When entering the restaurant, some of the features I believed were significant were the numerous amounts of plants, neon lights, birds, and its peaceful ambiance. The atmosphere was calm, and you could see people enjoying their food and their time at the Little Nickel. I thought these decorations were significant because it was aligned with the cuisine they were serving to customers. This restaurant specializes in creating Hawaiian, Mediterranean, and Philippine cuisine and is good at making these dishes. Overall, the staff was extremely respectful and enthusiastic. Our waitress was kind and patient with us as we examined the menu and had questions about the different types of meals. At the diner, I ordered a Hawaiian Pork Bowl, which consisted of beans, pork, pineapples, rice, salsa verde and so much more! My meal was flavorful and fresh which is why I enjoyed it so much. Ultimately, the ingredients in the bowl mixed very well together and tasted amazing. The presentation of the food, how fast it took them to create our meals, the quality and quantity of the food, and the ambiance of the diner complimented each other well. A few of the negative aspects I observed while dining at this restaurant was that the diner was very small and loud. The restaurant was quite busy which made having conversations with others difficult. Although, the diner being busy isn’t necessarily the restaurant’s, fault since we did arrive at the diner during a busier time of the day. Along with it being noisy, the restaurant had really small tables. I went to this diner with two other people, yet we received a table that didn’t provide enough room for our drinks and each of our meals. I would’ve preferred a table that was wider so we would have the opportunity to enjoy my meal and time at The Little Nickel. Another downside to the restaurant was that there were limited spaces to park near the restaurant. Besides the few negative attributes I experienced, this was an excellent diner that offered great fresh food and had staff that was willing to help and make my experience at the restaurant enjoyable.

Comments

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind