Home > Uncategorized > Day 21 — New Crypto Hash #1

Day 21 — New Crypto Hash #1

November 1st, 2020

Hey, all! Welcome to CryptoCL — and I hope you had a Happy Halloween!

Today, I began implementing our own Cryptographic Hash. The goal it take a given message, split it into 16 bytes (and adding filler to the remainder bytes to make it size 16), and split it further into 1 byte blocks. We then take the 1 byte blocks and perform a substitution and permutation equation onto it. Next, we combine the 1-byte block with the next 1-byte block, so we have all 2-byte blocks, and perform another substitution along with transposition function. We continue this by combining into 4, 8, and then back to 16. Once we’re back to 16-byte blocks, we’ll XOR this block with the next block, and repeat until we reach the end of the message.

At the moment, I have a simple implementation of the basic algorithm. There is no substitution, permutation, or transposition algorithms yet — that will come later. There is also no OpenCL code yet, as I wanted to get the basic algorithm finished before I started using the OpenCL standard.

Next time, I have a meeting with Dr. Marmorstein, and we will most likely discuss how to improve the code and how to make the functions unique.

Until next time!

Kyle Jenkins

Time spent today: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 hours 45 minutes

Categories: Uncategorized Tags: ,