About Me

I graduated Longwood University in May, 2024 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and a Minor in Art. While attending Longwood I was a part of two organizations. I was secretary of Phi Alpha, the social work honor society, and I was apart of the Federation of Future Social Workers. While attending Longwood I had the opportunity of doing two internships and gaining over 600 hours of experience. I did 190 hours at Dinwiddie Department of Social Services, and I worked 500 hours as an Intern Clinician at Poplar Springs Hospital, a behavior health hospital in Petersburg, VA. Throughout this time I was able to engage in showing empathy and compassion to the clients and patients I served. I was also able to learn about how policy work is essential in advocating and developing change for the populations that you serve. These experiences allowed me to see how it takes multiple individuals with multidisciplinary backgrounds to be able to fully help and engage in change for the population being served. I look forward to be able to gain the chance to help more individuals in the future.