Rhetorical Analysis

While writing the Rhetorical Analysis, I applied a lot of the course concepts from the English 400 course. Some of which include decorum, ethos, logos, pathos, hasty generalization, etc. I identified these concepts as used by Donald Trump in his first presidential debate with Hillary Clinton. I discuss how he generalizes groups of people, uses ethos by establishing his past successes as a business man, logos being used by establishing what he considers logic and pathos by appealing to fear in the audience. I learned how concepts such as these are often used by ads, ourselves, our friends, our families, however we miss them because we are not trained to see them. I learned how individuals use things in their environment in order to manipulate their audience. Many of the tactics are commonly used  and are changed based upon things such as the purpose, the audience, topic and context. While writing, I learned how to recognize these tactics used and the implications it has on the audience.

Below is an attachment of the Rhetorical Analysis that I wrote:

https://canvas.longwood.edu/courses/1289093/assignments/5063789/submissions/5043053?download=54617090