Letter to Senior Self

Congratulations, you did it. I am writing this as a freshman so I can’t even imagine the amount of work and stress you have been through. Mom had always said you would go to college and become successful and now that time has come!

Growing up is weird, scary, and doesn’t really make a lot of sense most of the time. However, you have made it this far so you know you can go even farther! The time has come when you have to say goodbye to school and hello to finding a job and being all on your own. I know it is a scary thought (even to me right now) but I know you are going to be successful and find a job that doesn’t even feel like work.

It’s time to take everything you have learned your whole life and put it into action. As you move forward still keep family and friends close by. Whether they are physically close or you call often, be sure to do one or the other. Be sure to thank mom, dad, nanny, and papa jim for being with you this far and making it to this proud accomplishment. Always remember you wouldn’t have walked across wheeler lawn and gotten your degree without them. Always stay humble and determined as ever and I know you can handle anything that comes your way. Also, remember to always embrace the 3 pillars of scholarship, service, and community in everything you do. I believe in you.