Research Reflection

Since the beginning of the semester, my research process has evolved into a more well-polished version of the research I had done in previous years. I now have a greater understanding of reasoning for specific parts of research, and in particular, program evaluation before the research to judge what truly needs to be done and what information can be extracted. Finding and evaluating sources for this research was a bit of a challenge to find something that fits perfectly into the research I was going to be doing, but once I found one that fits really well with information that I think made my research more understandable. I was able to keep all of my sources the same because of how well they were able to compliment my research. There were a couple challenges I encountered during my research, in particular, I struggled with finding a meaningful hypothesis that would actually matter for society. Once I knew what research we were going to do and that we were working with a local Head Start I wanted to find a way to better off the children that are attending and that is how I overcame that struggle. After completing the research my confidence level on being able to do research successfully has risen quite a bit considering we were able to do the full process in under a year.

I believe that “Think Like a Researcher” is when you look at research objectively rather than subjectively and do not let your opinions affect your research in any way. You must remain unbiased when you are thinking like a researcher because your bias can affect the data that is output because you have a personal interest.