Future Change in Hotel Industry?

Everyone loves to travel, and the best way to relax is to book yourself in a nice hotel room. Maybe this means sunbathing at the pool, or just sitting in your room waiting for room service. Well if you’re planning on staying in the room with the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign on your door, you might want to think of another way to get away. Hotel industries all over America are starting to follow in the footsteps of Walt Disney World, who decided that they are removing these signs from each room around all of there resorts.
         On October 1st, 2017, the most unexpected event happened in a hotel suite in Las Vegas, Nevada. A man busted the windows out of the suite he was booked in, and opened fire on a crowd of thousands of people. No one noticed or had been the room because there was a ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign on the door. With this motivation coming about, Disney decided to take the risk away from it ever happening at any of their resorts.
         While I currently work at a Resort in Williamsburg, my future goal right now is to end up working in a Disney Resort. This policy that has been passed is something that I need to understand, as a question or complaint may come about. I think it was a smart move, and I believe other hotels around the country should consider making this a policy at their hotels as well. I know some hotels are moving in this direction, and it is smart to ensure that all guests are safe from an event like this happening again.
Image result for walt disney world hotels