SOCL 320

Attached is a final project reflection completed for the Sociology of Education course that I took over the 2019-2020 winter intercession to fulfil a perspective course. This was a reflection on a joint class discussion board. For the project itself, each student had to read a different article addressing ways to decrease violence in schools.

This class was very eye opening and interesting. While it did not relate to my field of study directly, it does affect lives around me and my future life in the far future with my children’s schooling. I have learned that things really aren’t as simple as they seem. There is a lot that goes into Education. Simply being a student, we don’t get to see a lot of those underlying things that must take place before we can even go to school. MY sister is an education major at another school and with this throughout the course all I could think of was her future classroom and all that it truly takes. Education really is a gift and there is a lot that goes into it. I hope to continue to recognize all that goes into educating. Furthermore, I hope to teach my children (in the far future) the importance of recognizing everything that goes into it so that they can better appreciate it.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.