HONS CTZN 110

Loader Loading...

Download [0.00 B]

Attached above is a link to my final project in my HONS CTZN 110 class. This class was called Bodies and Citizens. The basis behind this course was how bodies or groups of individuals were perceived throughout society and whether or not they were accepted as citizens. Our final project was based on the same concept. We had to chose something where we believe someones view as a citizen is diminished based on what they look like, what they believe, or even something that is underlying. I chose to focus my project on those with physical disabilities and how they are often overlooked and judged in society. this project was presented in front of my class on our scheduled final exam day, December 8th at 3:30 pm.

Overall, throughout this course, I learned that even though being a citizen is a basic human right, many are not viewed as citizens in present or past years based off of judgment and ridicule. This class not only taught me about how and when individuals are viewed as citizens, it also taught me that everybody had differencing opinions and it is okay to state your opinion. This course was heavily discussion based and all of the topics were highly controversial. It was hard walking into class after reading an excerpt given for homework knowing we were going to have a discussion on a topic that was very hard to discuss, however this class gave my the opportunity to do just that. With that experience, I have grown. I am now okay with stating my opinions and what I believe despite how others may react. As I continue my time throughout Longwood, I will take what I have learned in this course and take it to other discussion based courses. These skills will allow me to be further engaged and receptive of the information I am being taught.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.