About Me

I am a writer of suspense and thrillers. My published works are part of a collection of stories titled Hold Your Breath, written as a part of my MFA thesis project. I hold an MA and MFA in Writing Popular Fiction from Seton Hill University. I am also a professor and student of writing.

I discovered writing at an early age and got in trouble in class more than once for passing around a collection of comics I wrote and illustrated. Taking a cue from the meager success of the comic strip, I decided I would be a failed comic strip artist and, indeed, succeeded in failing. Someday there may be a collection of my papers in some archives and, if I have anything to do with it, these comics will be hidden among the even less interesting elementary school drawings.

I also had a short film in the Cornerstone Film Festival in 2009 titled Salvation about a college professor who takes a break from reality after his life spirals out of control. It is not autobiographical

When I am not working, I spend time with my wife Sarah and our four children. We live in Central Virginia. I am a fan of coffee but as you can see, I am not a fan of all coffees.