Honors Courses

L-sem

I took Honors Lsem in the fall of 2016. This class introduced basic skills needed to succeed at Longwood University. This class included a peer mentor who helped you with anything you needed. This class really helped me feel comfortable and like I knew what I was doing as a freshman in College. If I didn’t have this class my first semester I think I would have struggled with a lot of things as a new student. I also made a lot of new friends in the class which made the transition from High school to College easier. Below is an essay that I wrote in Lsem which helped me learn all the resources Longwood has that helps students.

Loader Loading...

Download [103.98 KB]

Biology 120

I took Bio 120 in the fall of 2016. This class integration a lot of different aspects of biology from cellular to evolutionary to molecular. Since this was an honors course the class had 8 students in it. This was strange at first, but I really liked how small the class was because our professor could help us a lot more. This has been my favorite class at Longwood so far because the professor was great and he gave us the material in an easy and fun way to learn. This class also didn’t just focus on one part of biology, but it focused on many parts which I liked. I learned a ton in this class and have already used my knowledge learned in 120 and applied it to other biology and chemistry classes. Below is a picture of the poster fair in fall of 2016. Jordan Howard an I made this poster for the experiment we did in lab.

BIO 120

Biology 250

I took Bio 250 in the spring of 2017. This class was an introduction to genetics and cellular biology. I really liked the material in the class and I thought it was easy to study because I enjoyed learning about the topic. The lab to this class was my favorite part. We got to do a lot of lab work using a bunch of different tools and machines which was fun. The topic of the lab was very interesting and although it was a lot of work it turned out great! I enjoyed this class a lot and learned a lot which will help me in future classes. Below is the poster made for the poster fair in spring 2017. I am very proud of this experiment and poster because it took a lot of hard work and it came out great!

Loader Loading...

Download [1.18 MB]

Biology 251

I took Bio 251 in the fall of 2017. This class was mostly about ecology and it incorporated aspects of evolution. This is one of my favorite classes that I have taken at Longwood. I did very well and it helped me become more confident in my presentation skills. We did 3 semester long projects which was difficult to maintain, but it allowed me to work on my time management skills and overall presentation capabilities. The artifact below is the presentation that me and my group did. This project took a lot of dedication and many early mornings were used to complete it. This really taught me how much you have to do to have a good accurate project. I think that this presentation and experiment is one of the best I have done so far because of the hours of dedication spent on it and the overall outcome!

Loader Loading...

Download [5.33 MB]

Biology 399 

I took biology 399 in the spring of 2018. This class was fully based around evolution. This class was honestly one of the tougher ones I have taken here at Longwood. Below is the poster my group and I did for our project. I would say this poster is very well done, but it was also one of the more difficult ones. It was only difficult because of my group members and their ability to work together. This class allowed me to see the downsides of group work and what myself and others can do better in the future.

Loader Loading...

Download [1.00 MB]