Give the kids a CHANCE!

I fell out of love with teaching but I will never fall out of love with helping people, especially children. One of my favorite artists is Chancelor Bennett, better known as Chance the Rapper, a Chicago native who is on a mission to change the world. Recently, Chance went on a mission to hand out 30,000 backpacks at Chicago’s annual Bud Billiken Parade. Chance is kicking butt and taking names when it comes to helping Chicago schools and really any other social issue that he can tackle. He is doing an excellent job at showing what you can do when you speak up for what you know is right. Of course Chance having money and connections to multiple populations of people helps him help others, but that doesn’t stop me from aspiring to be like him. After giving up on teaching, I’ve taken what feels like forever to decide what I want to do with my life. My light bulb moment finally came this past weekend after seeing multiple teenage family members and their different struggles to get through high school. I want to help high school aged children figure out what they want to do with their lives and how I can help them get there. While I may never be able to provide 30,000 backpacks like Chance, I know I can do my part to help the future generation thrive!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/redeye/culture/ct-redeye-chance-the-rapper-backpack-giveaway-bud-billiken-20170810-story.html

~ by Amber Litchford on January 2, 2017.