Welcome to my Blog!
Hello! My name is Jaclyn Owens and I am a senior at Longwood University. I am currently majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders, and plan on attending graduate school to pursue a Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology. One reason I chose this major is because it offers such vast opportunities and you are able to work in so many different settings. From schools, to hospitals, to private practice, you will never be stuck in one environment for your entire career. I plan on using my degree to practice voice therapy for unclean vocalists, because of my love for music, and because I would like to be able to give back to artists who have had a great impact on my life.
The purpose of this blog is to reflect what I have accomplished and am still working on through Professional Writing Skills (English 470). Each tab at the top of the screen will take you to different assignments I have completed throughout the semester, along with a reflection describing which course outcomes were accomplished through each assignment. The activities we completed during this class have helped me grow comfortable with graduating and entering the “real world,” where I will have to create many professional documents through my work and personal life.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Analyze and produce writing genres commonly found in the professional world;
- Create professional documents that use plain English;
- Conduct research to create content for a variety of professional documents;
- Create professional documents that use design;
- Practice oral communication to present content effectively;
- Participate productively in collaborative projects.