Post #1: Introducing My Blog

Hello! My name is Haley Klepatzki and I am a senior English major with a minor in rhetoric and professional writing. Along with rhetorical criticism, which I am taking this semester, in the past, I have taken visual rhetoric, rhetoric of presidential debates, history of rhetoric, and technical writing. I am taking this course as an elective and am hoping to gain a better knowledge of how to properly analyze specific artifacts through different rhetorical lenses.

The purpose of this blog is to share my ideas and thought process on rhetorical criticism. Some of these ideas will include the different types of rhetorical criticism, such as neo-Aristotelian criticism, generic criticism, ideological criticism, metaphor criticism, and pentadic criticism. I hope to share this blog with my professors, peers, and anyone out there willing to read about rhetorical criticism. This blog is not just a requirement for my rhetorical criticism course but is also a tool to establish myself as an academic writer with complex ideas on rhetoric.

“The Difference Between Knowledge and Skill.” The Difference Between. http://www.differencebetween.info/difference-between-knowledge-and-skill