One thought on “‘Slut-Shaming Fatigue’: Because This Crap Has Got to Stop

1. I found this entire article really interesting and eyeopening, specially the sexting part. I have never, nor do I plan on, sexting but I have some friends that do. They tell me that they never send them through real text messages, they use Snapchat.
    Snapchat is an app where you can take a picture, choose who you send it to, and put a timer on it. It goes away after the certain amount of time is allotted and, unless the viewer screen shots the picture which is pretty hard to to do, the picture can never be recovered again.
    This what I thought about, while reading the sexting paragraph. And this quote “We need to be proactive in working with young women to develop applications and devices that can enhance not just their safety, but their agency and their pleasure.” could not be more true.
    Too many of my friends have gotten in trouble, either with their parents, or with their ex’s about sexting because they needed help and guidance as, and no one was there to help them.
    I’m interested to see the app that Funnell comes out with, and how it will be similar or different to Snapchat.