About Me

My name is Corinne Fear. I am from Ashburn, Virginia and a current senior at Longwood University. I chose to come to Longwood because of the instant comfort I felt while walking through its campus. I am an avid sports fan, enjoy traveling, and love spending time with my friends and family. I was inspired to become a Communication Studies major after trying out both Psychology and Criminal Justice as prior majors because furthering my studies in this subject became of immediate interest to me after completing my public speaking course. Since being at Longwood I have participated in major roles within different clubs and organizations, such as the Vice President of Programming and Ritual for the Alpha Chapter of my sorority Alpha Sigma Alpha, Treasurer or Operation Smile, and a Senator for the Student Government Association.

Some of my most important values are my family, my friends, respect for one another, and honesty. I believe some of my most important skills are my interpersonal communication skills, my listening skills, and my public speaking skills. I also have good listening qualities and problem solving skills. One experience I have that I value most is my internship this past summer with the Washington Nationals. I was able to grow as a professional and learn more about the field that I am hoping to go into once I graduate. My professional goal is to work in the career field of sports public relations.