About Me

September 28th, 2018

As a senior, I feel like I am slowly becoming an expert in teaching. Teaching is something that, in my opinion, is hard to become an expert in. Education is something that is changing all the time.

While at Longwood, I spent a whole week in an elementary school classroom, as a part of one of my classes. Even though it was only for a week, I felt like this experience opened my eyes to the life of a teacher. I have also been given leadership opportunities that will help me grow as a future teacher. Recently, I was elected as the Community Service Chair in my organization. Even though this is not directly linked to being a teacher, it is helping me grow as a future leader.

I have had a few jobs before coming to school. My very first job was as a babysitter. I had to take care of three children, all three different ages. My next job was as a camp counselor at a summer camp. I was in charge of the supervision of the children, and if need be the discipline of them as well. My next and current job is a sales associate at Victoria’s Secret. Each job requires different skill sets, but they require a level of professionalism.