Professional Report

Reflection

The professional report is my personal favorite assignment out of all the assignments that were assigned throughout the course. My group and I chose to complete our report on the analysis of three Italian cuisine restaurants. The three cuisine websites we chose to analyze were Olive Garden, Pino’s Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria, and Giovanni’s Pizza. The three websites were analyzed based on three criteria; visual appeal, content, and ease of navigation. The purpose of this assignment is not only to analyze the websites but to also give recommendations of what to include in a future website as well. The professional report was a lengthy assignment but rewarding in the end. The professional report aligns with student learning outcomes numbers one, two, three, four, and six. The first student learning outcome that was achieved in the making of this report was number one that states, “analyze and produce writing genres according to the rhetorical situation of workplace contexts.” This outcome was achieved by asking my team and I to play the role of a consulting firm. This provided my teammates and I with an idea of what would be asked of us as a consulting firm. The next student learning outcome that was incorporated in this assignment was number two that states, “create professional documents that use plain English principles (to targeted audiences).” The professional report requires the use of the eight c’s to be factored into our report. The audience of this assignment is the business or organization that has hired our consulting company. In my team’s case, Triple C Pasta LLC has hired Creative Designs Inc. The following student learning outcome that was accomplished in this assignment was number three that states, “conduct research to create content for a variety of professional documents.” This professional report required my group to conduct research. Each member of my group researched one of the Italian restaurants as part of our analysis. We each determined the visual appeal, content, and ease of navigation of each. Then student learning outcome number four was obtained from this project. Student learning outcome number four reveals, “create professional documents that use design principles.” The way in which the professional report uses design principles is by having visual adding to our report to allow visual representation. The layout of the report allows the design to be professional. Lastly, student learning outcome number six was acquired in the completion of the report. Student learning outcome number six expresses “participate productively in collaborative projects.” The report required me to work with two other classmates. The purpose of working in a group for this project was to gain experience working with others to prepare you for future careers.

Professional Report:

Loader Loading…
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab