About Me

I am a graduate of the Social Work program at Longwood University in Farmville, Virginia. I am a member of the Phi Alpha Social Work Honor Society. I upheld the Treasury position within the Federation of Student Social Workers for 2021-2022. I have completed my Junior Field placement with 193.5 hours at the Mecklenburg County Victim Witness Assistance Program in Mecklenburg County, Virginia. I have completed my senior internship with 500 hours at the Nottoway County Department of Social Services. During my time here, I volunteered at the Blaque Diamond Social Club’s 11th annual Easter Egg hunt at Crewe Library. The Family Services unit at Nottoway County DSS set up a table for Child Abuse Prevention Month. I enjoyed being active in the community and bringing joy to the local children. I have had diverse experiences at DSS and have worked closely with Foster Care, Child Protective Services, and Adult Services cases. My population of interest is older adults where I would like to focus my time advocating for resources and services for this vulnerable population.

Below is a self-reflection essay that discusses my reasoning for pursuing Social Work, my background, my social identity, personal strengths and weaknesses, as well as my goals.