Rome Wasn’t Built in a Day

When deciding to change my concentration to special education I had never been so sure of anything. This was my calling, and this is what I am meant to do. In elementary school I grew up with teachers that inspired me and really made me enjoy school. Likewise, I wanted to return the favor to my own students. I believe that my role as an educator is to be the person my students can trust and tell anything to. My purpose is to be there for my students in and out of the classroom. I will set high, reasonable goals for my students and do everything in my power to make sure they achieve their goals.

What every teacher enjoys to see is their students succeed. As teachers, this is what we strive for at the end of the day, our students succeeding and making process. In special education I have to accept the fact that ‘Rome wasn’t built in a day’. I will be patient with my students and understand that every student, including those not in special education, learn differently. I believe that the students mood depend on my mood. If the teacher does not feel like teaching and shoes no interest in being in the classroom, then that attitude will reflect in your students. I will show up to work with energy and enthusiasm for my students and leave my burdens at the door.

As a future Special Educator I want my students to know that they are typical students. I believe that I should help students develop love and respect for themselves, their peers, and their community. I will listen to my students and hear what they have to say. I believe I should listen to their input and encourage them to generate ideas and motivate them to reach their goals. I believe a well-rounded teacher learns from their students every day. I believe they are strong, passionate people who provide opportunities for continual learning. I want to share my passion for learning with my students and provide not only my knowledge to them, but my love.

About Taylor Duff

Taylor's Frog Blog
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.