Journal Entry 4

Based on my results of the self-assessment, my Leadership Motive Profile is primarily needed for achievement. I have high people and task leadership which means I am task-orientated while I lead but also care about the employees that work for me and to make sure they do the tasks they are assigned but in their manner. My U of M leadership style is a higher score for the task (job-centered) leadership style which is the complete opposite of my big five personalities which is a surprise. My OSU Leadership Style is high consideration and high structure, my Leadership Grid Style is in the middle of the road. I was surprised that I had such high scores on categories that were opposite.

This information might impact me as a social worker because these scores give me a good idea about who I am and how I am as a leader. These scores are detailed in the category and that can be beneficial when working with others and choosing my role in organizations. The role I feel would be the best fit for me after reviewing my scores would be a strong leader in a workplace or an organization. I believe in roles where I am leading other people and giving direction. My strengths-based on this information is having empathy while also being task orientated. I believe another strength would be having structure. Areas that I need to improve on would be being more confident in my leadership style and having more consideration.