Journal Entry 10

My results for the assessment for being a strategic leader is that I have strong strategic leadership potential. To be a strategic leader means to be a leader that can envision, and work strategically, with others and oneself to initiate change. I believe this is true that I am developing my potential as a leader. I am beginning to think analytically and be a better leader for the organizations I am in. I believe I am a strategic leader. I focus on the future which could be a good and bad trait. I know that each of my actions impacts the future. My personal goals for the next three to five years are to get accepted into graduate school, get my MSW with a specialized certificate or two, have a job, and work towards my license to eventually be a LCSW. I always plan for the future. I enjoy change, I do not enjoy it if things stay the same for too long. I am always open to trying new things, as I believe that in the fast-paced world that we live in you must keep learning and challenging yourself and the only way we can do that is by trying new things. I do attempt other to try new things. I find this very important in life.

I feel the best option for balancing the interest of everyone when making strategic decisions is overall what is best for this organization? What is best for the organization not just now in the present but for the future. It is important to explain when a decision is made why that decision was made and how it is beneficial.

Some of the specific tactics to use if the forces resisting change are stronger than the force driving the need for change could be communication. Communicating why the change is needed. Education, why the change is important and needed. Getting people involved so that they have a say in some of the change and finding a common ground. In social work, I would use these tactics when working with my organization when it comes to changing rules and regulations, or maybe in a domestic case and they do not want to leave their partner because of change. Change is good, and change is even better to understand when you are a social worker.