Calling All College Freshman

By: Spencer Grace Simpson

Outside Of Your College Town

College is the time of your life to say yes to everything! You are no longer in highschool, you can make your own decisions as you please. College is almost like a transitional phase of life where you are not considered a kid but everyone knows you’re not fully grown yet. This is a time where you should try to fill your life with the most fun you could possibly have and do everything you ever wanted to. Every opportunity that comes your way, take it. 

So this is about when I said yes to last minute plans and left Longwood’s campus for the weekend, and headed to East Carolina University. This whole thing was on a whim but, let me explain how it all fell together perfectly. So, on a random Tuesday my best friend, Ella, asked me to come to ECU to visit her. Of course, I said yes immediately but quickly realized there would be nowhere to stay the night. Her dorm is too small and I’m too young to book a hotel. I didn’t know how I could make this work. A few hours passed, and my sister, Chloe randomly texted in our group chat and said “I have a volleyball tournament at ECU this weekend, does anyone want to come?” As any person should do, I hopped on this opportunity. My boyfriend and I booked a hotel under a girls name that was of age on the volleyball team. I was so excited. Friday rolled around and my 9am class was canceled! I used this time to pack my bags and at 11:50am, I headed home to Lynchburg. When I arrived at home I went to the grocery store and bought some snacks for the ride. Then, I went to my boyfriend’s house to pack his bags for him. We left after he got off work, he drove of course! What a gentleman. We arrived in Greenville around 9pm. The next day, my boyfriend and I met up with Ella and her boyfriend. We ate lunch at Longhorn steakhouse and then continued to shop downtown at the Boutiques. We ended the evening with a sweet treat from Insomnia Cookies. Yum! By the time we returned to the hotel, my sister and her volleyball team finished their tournament. We all came together and went out to eat at Sup Dogs. This was delicious. Sup dogs is the college town bar and grill that you can’t miss. Lastly, we ordered an Uber back to downtown where we spent the rest of the night adventuring into all that ECU has to offer. 

I wanted to share my experience of leaving Longwood’s campus to try out another college for the weekend. Sometimes, the unexpected things in life are often the best! Being a freshman, you’re new, you have to pull some strings for yourself. Say yes to all the last-minute plans, you never know where it might take you. Step out of your comfort zone and do it all! You’re only in college once. 

ECU Map

Above is a map of East Carolina University’s campus.

posted by Spencer Simpson in Uncategorized and having Comments Off on Outside Of Your College Town

No comments

The comments are closed.