About Me

Hi!!

My name is Ryan Sherman and I am currently a freshman in the Cormier Honors College at Longwood University. I am a Business Administration major with a concentration in Accounting, and I’m minoring in Sociology.

In the future, I plan to get my MBA and take the CPA exam to further my career and knowledge of Accounting. I aspire to be an Accountant for a top corporation. I’m minoring in Sociology to learn the relationship between society’s behavior and what they consume.

My family has always told me that I’m a literal thinker, meaning everything told to me, I take it for what it actually is. I used this to my advantage when deciding what major I wanted to pick. I also love math, it has always been my favorite subject. Growing up, I have been a freak about money. I always wanted to remind my family not to spend too much money and that saving is just as important. Also, I’m very task-oriented. If something is assigned to me, I can’t walk away from it until it’s done. One day, I was talking to my grandma about what career I wanted to do for the rest of my life. As a banker herself, she insisted that I should become an Accountant because of these things. And that’s how I decided on my major, and the journey continues to this day.