About Me

My story is a tough thing to answer but I believe that before Longwood I was lost. I had various interest but didn’t know how to commit to anything and struggled to find a path. I originally came to Longwood University because I knew my best friend was going to Longwood University and I followed along.

Going to Longwood I wanted a change from who I was in high school. In high school, I was a shy individual, but I knew I wanted to be someone different. One of the best things I did was get involved with a group of DJ’s at Longwood. This is where I learned almost everything about cameras. I began to learn a lot about videography, photography, and editing software.

Coming to Longwood, I had the plans to transfer out to a film school because I knew I wanted to become a film director. In my time at Longwood, I have gained a broader understanding of what I actually might enjoy. I have done three different internships with various different fields. I have worked with branding at a video marketing internship, I have worked with content creation and social media planning as a digital communications intern and I have worked in Post-production editing for major market brands such as Toyota and Asics at my final internship.

Over my experiences in these programs, I have learned that I have more passions than just film. I have a major interest in the media world. I love learning how brands identify themselves as and how they built their brands. I have also loved learning about how brands use social media influencers and how they like to communicate their brands.

I have professional goals to either find my foot in the door into the film, the music or the fashion industry. All fields require an intense knowledge of media which I believe I have. Not only will I benefit any company in growing within the world of media, but I will also be able to continuously learn as the media world develops and grows.