Portfolio Reflection 2

During my time at Longwood, I have taken methodology courses that have enhanced my ways of thinking and views on empirical research. The courses I have taken, which are in order of the papers listed, are Social Research and Program Evaluation, Statistics of Social Sciences, and Perspectives in Childhood and Parenting. Listed below are three papers that I have chosen to represent my writing capabilities and the skills I will be able to bring to the workplace. In order, the papers are an examination of the effects the COVID-19 pandemic social distancing policies have had on college student’s experience, completed my junior year, the quantitative and qualitative findings of the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on college student’s experiences, also completed my junior year, and a family fun time kit project reflection, completed my senior year.

Loader Loading…
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

In the Social Research and Program Evaluation course, I completed survey design and implementation coursework by collecting, compiling, and organizing data. I would bring analytical thinking to the workplace. In the future, this may help with problem-solving and boost overall productivity.

Loader Loading…
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

In the Statistic for Social Sciences course, I completed coursework in R-studio, SPSS, and EXCEL data analysis. I would bring sampling techniques and the ability to convey complex statistical information to the workplace. This would help in the future by having previous experiences with inferential statistic programs and conveying all types of information to diverse audiences.

Loader Loading…
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

In the Perspectives on Childhood and Parenting course, my group facilitated a family fun time kit to 51 families through the Head Start program in Prince Edward County to encourage parental engagement and involvement with their children. From this course, I would bring teamwork to the workplace. With this project, there were a lot of moving parts that could not have been completed without the help of my group. This would help in the future with working together with my co-workers to efficiently complete job-related tasks.