Reflection on SOCL 351 Project

As a student, the material that I have obtained from this course has been beneficial. With the amount of engagement and assignments with the material in this course, I have been able to develop a self-reflection. Exposure to violence as a child increases your ability to be in an abusive relationship or be a perpetrator. 

Enrolling in the family violence course has greatly increased my understanding of abuse. I have grown to have an explanation for a family in violence. I know the sense that violence can take various forms, and it can affect both parents and children. Physical, sexual, emotional, mental, financial, and neglect are some of the forms that might be used. Family violence is a societal problem that contributes to a decline in the economic and social well-being of the individual. It becomes the outcome that splits the benefits of rewards and costs within the violence. When the rewards outweigh the cost it becomes for the victim’s ability to leave. This project and course have not only helped me to grow as a person, but they have also provided me with the knowledge that will help me in my career when dealing with children. There are verbal and nonverbal contributions that connect to the neglect of children.

The strengths of this product will include the organization, and structure. It had a significant flow that gave adequate information on how to help the population of children. My passion for the project also enhanced my ability to have fulfillment for the work and advocacy. The area for improvement throughout the project will be combing it together and finding a template for the structure of the brochure. I also could improve my creativity and have more inclusive photographs for the brochure.

The professional skills I have developed are becoming more understanding. I have a full understanding of the process and development of abuse. I now know that its whole points to the hole in the system and individual. I have a format of a fundamental format to have proper analysis skills. I believe that having a proper form of these skills allows me to have better assessment and guidance. Throughout this course, I have developed emotional intelligence. I have the capacity to be self-aware and empathic with my emotions and behavior. 

In conclusion, I believe this course has given me the capacity to be more structured. This project has also given me the understanding to understand the family in violence population I want to work with. I have the material and skills to advocate for families that suffer from violence. The structural factors contribute to the amount of violence because it is conducted by the amount of time a family spends together. Children are a very vulnerable population that can be easily connected to ACEs.