JOURNAL 1

During this internship I will be doing 3 different tasks. One will be researching other institutions organizational structure for organizations that operate independent of Fraternity and Sorority Life. This research will later help when creating a council for the independent greek organizations. My goal is to create this council so that other organizations will feel included in greek life as well as have an overall governing body to help them succeed. The second task will be is conducting research regarding the history and implementation of NMGC on college campus’ similar to Longwood University. NMGC is the National Multicultural Greek Council which has 11 different organizations under the council. With this research I will be putting together a SWOT analysis to look at each aspect of possibly being approached and asked to have these orgaznations on our campus. The last task I will been completing will be on the Greek Housing Committee. I will serve in assistance to the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life as a co-advisor to the Greek Housing Committee. I will attend Greek Housing Committee meetings and serve in assistance to the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life as a co-advisor to the Greek Housing Committee.

The skills I have for this internship will be researching, using google docs, possibly pubic speaking and being able to communicate with other organizations. My senior research classes has helped me with these skills and I will be able to do these jobs better with knowing what to expect.

This internship will teach will help me gain skills in more public speaking but more importantly how to create a plan that will hopefully one day be put in place. I will gain skills to putting together a SWOT analysis which I have never done. Overall I will learn how to better myself from all these experiences.