Fall Was a Wild Ride—and I Can’t Wait for What’s Ahead

I’ll start by apologizing for not posting in so long. It’s been a wild and overwhelming two months, and it was hard to find a time to write. However, the first semester is coming to a close, and I am so relieved. From playing club basketball to having write a 10-page paper my first semester, there has been a lot of stress and time consumption.

Even with everything going on, my roommate and suitemate got in the holiday spirit by buying and decorating a tree. We also bought each other gifts that we put under the tree before we gave them to each other, so it was like a real Christmas. My roommate and I also went with some of our friends to Buffalo Wild Wings for a “Friendsmas” with some of our friends who live on the same floor—even in the midst of exams.

Christmas in the residence hall
A snow day is cause for excitement—even if you’re in college and classes aren’t cancelled.

We love the new University Center, Upchurch, as a place to study and hang out. We thought at first that it would just be a fun place to be, but we actually really enjoy doing homework there, too, even when we were studying for finals. I had actually never been there to study until I had torn my meniscus during basketball.

This semester has been a wild ride—full of ups, downs and even an injury that gave me a pretty good scare. Even with all that, I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I have met so many people, made so many friends, and done so much that it’s crazy to think it’s only been one semester.

This semester has been great, but I can’t wait to see what’s ahead.

Comments