Study Abroad

Honors 490 – Directed Study: Research in Global Perspectives: COVID and Culture

Instructor: Jessi Znosko

This is the trailer for the podcast that my group and I created for our final project. This project was for the directed study course that was taken in place of studying abroad. For this project, I was paired with another student in my class and two Dutch students from the Windesheim University of Applied Sciences. We were to come up with a social innovative idea that would help students during the uncertain time of COVID-19.

Our trailer for our podcast allowed us to present a sneak peek of our final project to the other groups in the course. The purpose of the trailer was to spread the word of our final project and our social innovative idea. In order to create the podcast, my group had to meet on either Microsoft Teams or Zoom to create a small script of what we wanted to say in the trailer. We also used one of the computer programs to record the audio of our meeting for our trailer. Collaborating with students abroad helped strengthen my communication and organization skills because of the time difference and having to work around four different students’ schedules. This project also used creative thinking when thinking about a social innovative idea for our final project. Overall, the final project helped me connect with other students around the world and come together to collaborate on a project that would help other college students like ourselves.