3.5 – Perform Competently in a Professional Setting

Perform competently in a professional setting.

Longwood has contributed to various opportunities for me to be able perform competently in a professional setting that I had not obtain much experience before previously transferring in Fall 2020. The student research showcase has allowed me to gain crucial experience and practice with performing in a professional setting. Although the first few years of the showcase was virtual due to covid, starting in Spring 2022, I was able to give a research talk on Prostate Cancer in my BIOL 496: Research on Prostate Cancer internship. This was extremely scary at the time, but I appreciate this experience as it gave me the chance to deliver dense scientific material at a research showcase. Additionally, in my BIOL 497: Neuroanatomy of the Rat internship allowed me to travel to the Association of Southeastern Biologist (ASB) to give a poster presentation alongside various other students from other colleges and universities. These experiences have allowed me to feel confident in my ability to perform competently in a professional setting.