About Me

My name is Addie Clarke and I am from Emporia, Virginia.  When I was younger I didn’t know what I wanted to do, but I knew that I wanted to do something creative, and I always loved meeting new people.  Once I was in high school I realized that I was interested in how movies were made and what goes on behind the scenes, which led me to Longwood University.  Once I toured the campus and visited the Communication Studies department I had an immediate sense of belonging.

Here at Longwood, I found my passion for capturing memories through video and sharing it with others.  I am constantly developing my film and editing skills, and Longwood gives me the chance to make mistakes and learn from them.  While pursuing my degree, I make time to be creative, film, edit and socialize with my peers.  Through various classes and being apart of organizations, I have learned how to develop my digital media skills in order to be better prepared for the workforce. For example, getting to help film News Segments with Rotunda Studios,  gives me a better understanding of what goes on behind the scenes during the production of a news broadcast.  After graduating from Longwood I hope to use my skills and knowledge in video editing and production to get a career in videography and continue to learn new things.