ENGL 165- HONS:Writing and Rhetoric

This classes challenged me to become a better writer. We did this through writing about our personal experiences in a way that was persuasive. Brandon, our professor, was great at what he did, and he truly cared for our class. He even met with us multiple times, one on one, to discuss our work.

For one of our first assignments in this class, we had to pick a postcard with an image on it. Every day for one week, we had to spend ten minutes writing about the postcard. Sadly, I do not have this postcard anymore, but I do have Brandon’s comment about my work.

“Interesting and compelling stuff here, Zachary. You’re able to explore the various implications of this image of a house by diving into your own positive memories of your own house (I especially admire the passage about how lots of land encouraged your imagination), the negative memories of a fictional house (like the house in Forrest Gump), a discussion of the positives/negatives of living in the country, and so on. Thanks for a wide-ranging and specific set of entries; I look forward to reading your work this semester. Email with any questions!” -Professor Brandon Haffner