Honors Courses

CTZN 110 — Society and its Monsters

Professor Leeyanne Moore taught my citizen class. Each citizen class had a different focus, with the end goal to be improvement in public speaking and critical thinking. This class completed this goal by looking at the different ethical and social aspects that both realistic and fantastical monsters create in our world. In addition to our …

EDUC 245 — Human Growth and Development

This Human Growth and Development course was taught by Dr. Mary Tackett. The course ran every Tuesday and Thursday from 2:00pm – 3:15pm. This course is typically taken as a foundations level course; however, I had a different course transfer in for that credit. I took this education course as a requirement for my teaching …

HIST 150 — Historical Inquiry I

Dr. Steven Isaac taught Historical Inquiry I: The Early History of Faith. Through our copious readings, we studied how faith played a role in history, starting with the Ancient Egyptians and Mesopotamian civilizations and moving through to the Reformation. Our course texts were as follows: Herodotus,¬†On the Greek War for Freedom Tim Whitmarsh,¬†Battling the Gods …

HONS 490 — Honors Directed Study

HONS 490 was an honors directed study, headed by Jessi Znosko. Kelsey Swegle and I worked together to create a proposed study that would look at how volunteering affects the stress levels in graduate student volunteers. If the COVID-19 pandemic had not occurred, we would have collected saliva samples three separate times throughout the semester …