Biology Major Courses

Developmental Biology (BIOL 360)

I found this course to have very interesting points of topic with regard to how we and other organisms develop. The points I enjoyed the most involved applications in how we can learn from the development process to prevent or detect developmental diseases. The poster below was made by three other classmates and I to …

Fundamentals of Chemistry 2 (CHEM 112)

I took this course because it is a requirement for my major. I chose to reflect on my studying tool used, lots and lots of flash cards. coming into this class I had no idea how many more terms and rules we would be learning compared to chemistry 1. I spent several hours for the …

General Physics 1 (PHYS 101)

I took general physics one as a course requirement for my biology major. I chose to reflect on the four tests I took and my loss of concentration for one. I had taken AP and IB physics in high school so I was already introduced to a majority of basic physics material. This was very …

General Physics 2 (PHYS 102)

General physics two was a course I took as a course requirement for my biology major. I have chosen to reflect on my studying habits before the quizzes, tests, and final exam of this course. I have taken multiple physics courses from AP and IB physics in high school to general physics one from the …

Intro to Ecology & Evolution (BIOL 251)

This was a very interesting course, everyday felt like a episode of animal planet. It was refreshing to move away from the typical microscopic talk of biology and focus on species interactions and environmental factors on life. For the semester long project, me and my group observed micro fauna diversity and the impact of maintained …

Organic Chemistry 2 (CHEM 212)

Organic Chemistry 2 was a class I took as an requirement for my biology major. I have chosen to reflect on a study guide I made for one of my exams in the course. Organic chemistry 2 was a course that had surprisingly been one of my favorites. This is not to say it was …

Unifying Biological Principles (BIO400)

This was a senor prep course that looked into big picture ideas in the biological sciences and our own future goals after graduation. The semester project had us practice writing out a full length research proposal for a a topic of our interest. I examined tumors and possible treatments with modern techniques currently being developed. …

Vertebrate Physiology (BIOL 306)

This was a very interesting course where we explored the body plans and strategies of how different species survive in a broad range of environments. This course focused on biological problems using biology, chemistry, and physics all in one. Our exams were take home but were all essay questions that required us to use lecture …