Introducing, Me

Hello! I’m Sarah Myroup, an Elementary Education and Teaching major with a minor in Communication Studies. My time as an undergraduate at Longwood is coming to a close more quickly than I could have ever anticipated, but I am grateful for each and every second I have had on this campus.

My major has allowed me to have experiences in different grade levels, in different schools, and even in different cities. My next adventure, student teaching, is taking me home to Virginia Beach. I do not know where I will teach yet, nor the grade, but I am looking forward to the experience regardless. Though I will be graduating in the spring of 2021, I will be back for Longwood’s Reading, Literacy, and Learning graduate school, allowing me one more wonderful year at this university and one more year to learn even more about how to best assist all of my future students in succeeding.

During my time at this school, I have been involved in a few different organizations. I am most proud of my involvement in my sorority, where I have served as the Panhellenic Delegate and most recently the president. In the Longwood Ambassadors, I have served as the historian and new membership co-chair. My senior year, I also had the honor of joining Mortar Board, where I helped create an Oktoberfest like never before.

Those were my main involvements throughout my Longwood career, but I also pursued academic success. I was able to present at a conference hosted by The Assembly for the Teaching of English Grammar (ATEG), published in the Virginia English Journal, and am currently pursuing publication in a journal sponsored by ATEG.

After my undergraduate and graduate careers are finished, I am contracted to return to Virginia Beach to teach for one year. I hope to stay for at least a few more after that, if not longer. I cannot wait to have my own classroom and work with students to create an inclusive, culturally-relevant, and trauma-sensitive environment.