Letter to Senior Self

Dear future me,

Today, as freshman you is writing this on May 31st 2020 there are a lot of emotions I am feeling about my freshman year being over. This year, or should I say this past semester, has been a complete roller coaster. Unfortunately Freshman Year was cut short due to COVID-19, a virus I don’t think any of us saw coming. Along with COVID-19 taking over the world, in the last few weeks people have finally realized that racism has been and still is a HUGE problem especially in the United States, and there have been many protests and new information is being brought to light everyday. All I can say is I truly hope that America is waking up. But honestly right now things are changing daily and no one knows whats going on or how things will be in the future, but I hope that everything is “okay” now or at least better.

I hope you’re still friends Kacy and Midge, and that y’all have done everything on your bucket-list. I hope that you’re proud of yourself and your accomplishments. I hope that you have gotten a job at a school you like, teaching the grade you want. I hope you finally have your license by now. I hope that you were able to graduate early. I hope that you have made the deans list every semester. I hope you have gotten more involved. I hope that you’ve made lifelong friends. I hope you’re proud of your freshman self. And mostly I hope you had a great time at during your years at Longwood!

Love,

freshman you <3