Global Citizenship- Political Science 200

Political Science 200, Global Politics has been one of the most challenging college courses I have taken to date. I never could have imagined that the course I chose with little thought to replace Spanish because I tested out of it would have been so difficult yet equally rewarding. I learned about everything from Japan’s new nationalism to gender inequality in the Middle East. Throughout the course I participated in frequent in-class debates, daily readings, engaging lectures, and rigorous exams. I doubted myself every day in a class full of Political Science students where I was the only Liberal Studies major, but finished out the year with an A that I have never been more proud of. I went through many highs and lows throughout the semester; from a 100% on my first exam to a 69% on my second and then back up to a 100% on the final. I worked harder than I have ever worked before, and was so proud of myself when I saw that I got an A-. As a student who’s highest level politics course was AP Government, I am proud to say I made it through those essay exams and debates that terrified me. This class has made me a better student, and a more hardworking person and despite how challenging it was for me. I included my final paper that I worked extremely hard on as an example of my work.

https://livelongwood-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/sofia_perez_live_longwood_edu/EYarC0PlSGZHoKamteCL2OMBPNIp0zJMq1kjGCXlI9vjVA?e=ngpGFu