About Me

As a senior at Longwood University I am very invested in my success. I aspire not only to get a good education but to have made great friendships, been involved in clubs and organizations, taken on leadership roles, and made memories that will last a lifetime. As I am almost half way through my first semester of senior year I can happily say that I have achieved most of my goals thus far.

Personally, I believe that working or taking on a leadership position instills values. Someone who must work for that they want understands the worth of the reward. That being said, I have spent all summers and most holidays waiting tables. I often find myself enjoying work more than school work. Yes, there is the money incentive but I believe it also builds character. I enjoy meeting new people and feel great joy when I am told that I have provided someone with excellent service. In the restaurant business, it is all about people pleasing, you are at the customers’ needs and they are always right. I have the utmost respect for servers now when I choose to dine out because their livelihood relies solely on the generosity of others.

Continuing my work ethic at school I joined a Greek organization my sophomore year of college and in November of my junior year took the position of philanthropic chairman which can also be known as service and giving. I have planned two philanthropy events involving all Longwood students to help raise money to benefit our philanthropies. I have also coordinated all volunteering the chapter partakes in. I am coach of Girls on the Run, one of our philanthropies, to 8 wonderful girls grades 3-5 at the local elementary school. Alongside Greek life I am in the National Society of Leadership and Success. Because I value leadership on and off campus I have also spent time playing club field hockey.