Posts RSS Comments RSS

Portfolio

There are so many things to include when you want to get a job as a teacher. Each piece needs to fit together, and really showcase what you are capable of. The first thing to include is a Cover Letter. This needs to include all kinds of information specific to the job you are applying to. It also needs to talk about the works you include in your application. The people reading over all of this will want to know what you think those works demonstrate. Here is my Cover Letter:

After that, you need your Resume. This is probably the most important piece. This is what mine looks like:

The last thing that you need to include is a collection of your work. Because this example is of me applying for a job as a teacher of writing, I included a lesson plan from my class on teaching writing. I think it the best example of a lesson plan that I have ever written. I also included the power point that goes with that lesson. It is a great example of my ability to use mentor texts. The last work I included was from this semester, but it had nothing to do with that lesson. It was a template for a poster that I would have kids edit after I taught them all about how visual cues affect your digital writing.

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download [68.50 KB]

With all of these pieces, you greatly increase your chances of being hired for a job! Good luck!

No responses yet