About Me

As a member of Longwood’s academic community, I am interested in learning more about public issues and social media. My favorite topic to study is Therapeutic Recreation where I learn about helping others using intervention strategies. Some academic aspirations I have include getting good grades and making my parents proud. A professional aspiration I have is to achieve my goal of becoming an Occupational Therapist. In my local community, Charlotte County, I currently help coach two softball teams as well as volunteer in Hands for Christ and for events at my church. While in high school at Randolph Henry, I also attended Youth Group and played volleyball,  softball, and rode horses. I see the theme of this course intersecting with my future academic and professional self by teaching me the skills to work with public issues. This blogs goal is to better my ability to write to a public audience as well as use it for academic writing. I am a junior at Longwood and hope to do well throughout the next few years.